Name: SHANKAR PANTHI
Birth Date: 16 Apr, 1983
Birth Place: Thada-3, Arghakhanchi, Nepal
Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Menglun Town, Mengla County, Yunnan Province 666303, China
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently, Ph.D. scholar at Tree Ring and Environmental Change Group, Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden (XTBG), Yunnan, China since November 2013.
Dendrochronology, Climate change, Eco-physiology, Plant Ecology and Biodiversity
2012 Master’s in Science (Botany) – Plant Systematics and Phytogeography, Central Department of Botany, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal.
M.Sc. Dissertation on “Herbaceous species diversity in mixed Rhododendron forests of Kanchanjungha Conservation Area, Eastern Nepal”.
2007 Bachelor’s in Science (Botany) – Department of Biology, Tribhuvan Multiple Campus, Tribhuvan University, Nepal.
2012 Experimental design, Tree Regression and Multivariate analysis in Research(3 days)
2011 CANOCO For Windows version 4.5 and its graphical program CANODRAW for Windows (1 week)
2010 R- an open source statistical package and SPSS- statistical package (Two months)
2012-2013 Lecturer, Botany, Xavier Int’l College, Kathmandu, Nepal
2012-2013 Instructor, for teaching Biostatistics and related softwares (R- An open source statistical software, SPSS version 16, MINITAB version 14 and CANOCO for Windows version 4.5), Research Solutions Nepal (ReSoN), Kathmandu, Nepal
2011-2012 Teaching Assistant, Xavier Int’l College, Kathmandu, Nepal
2010-2011 Teaching Assistant, Kumari H. Sec. School (KEBS) and College of Innovative Technology (CIT) H. Sec. School, Kathmandu, Nepal
2013 Ecological sampling and questionnaire survey on “Vulnerability assessment of non-timber forest products (NTFPs) on Gaurishankar Conservation Area, Central Nepal (one month) and collecting information and preparing Report.
2010 Establishment of permanent plots and core collection of few high elevation tree species in Kanchanjungha Conservation Area, Eastern Nepal (one month)
2008 Botanical exploration in Annapurna Conservation Area, Central Nepal (10 days)
(i) Master’s Thesis
“Herbaceous diversity in mixed Rhododendron forests of Kanchanjungha Conservation Area, Eastern Nepal”. Central Department of Botany, Tribhuvan University, Nepal. 47 p. February, 2012.
(ii) Peer‐reviewed Research Articles
Panthi S., Ranjitkar S., Baniya C.B., Xu J. and Shrestha K.K. Herbaceous species-environmental correlations in mixed Rhododendron forest of Eastern Nepal (manuscript submitted (JVS-A-01980) in Journal of Vegetation Science).
(iii) Conference paper
Panthi, S., Baniya, C.B., Ranjitkar, S. and Shrestha, K.K. 2012. Herbaceous Species Richness Pattern in Mixed Rhododendron Forests of Kanchanjungha Conservation Area, Eastern Nepal. Sixth National Conference on Science and Technology. Nepal Academy of Science and Technology, Kathmandu, Nepal. 25 – 27 Sept., 2012 (presented).
- ‘Sixth National Conference on Science and Technology’ conducted by Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (10 – 12 Nov, 2012).
- Workshop on ‘Experimental design, Tree Regression and Multivariate analysis in Research’ conducted by Central Département of Botany, TU, Kirtipur (June 16-17, 2012).
- International Conference on ‘Biodiversity, Livelihood and Climate Change in the Himalayas’ organized by Central Department of Botany, TU and Government of Nepal (12- 14 Dec., 2010).
- ‘Fifth National Conference on Science and Technology’ conducted by Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (10 – 12 Nov., 2008).
- Seminar on ‘Role of Students on Development of Nation’ conducted by Regional Educational Directorate, Pokhara, Nepal (11 – 13, May, 2008).
- An International Foundation for Science (IFS) Research Grant (2013) for “Vulnerability assessment of non timber forest products (NTFPs) in Gaurishankar Conservation Area, Central Nepal” (RESEARCH GRANT AGREEMENT NO. D/5465-1).
- Nepali (Native)
- English (Good)